THE Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries - including Papua New Guinea and the South Pacific Island countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
The purpose of scholarship is to contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
Intended beneficiaries are:
- High-quality postgraduate students who wish to access training not available in their home countries, who wish or need to remain in their home country while they study, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.
- Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships support distance learning Master’s degree courses offered in partnership with local providers in developing countries, as well as courses delivered directly by UK universities.
Location: United Kingdom
Scholarship value: £18,000 per scholarship. This figure must cover all elements of the award, including tuition fees, grants to recipients, applicable partnership development costs, and any UK residential programmes.
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, refugee, or British protected person (PNG and Pacific Islanders are eligible)
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases
Eligible Regions: Developing Countries (Including PNG and Pacific Island States)
Step One: You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning Scholarship scheme.
Step two: Apply for the scholarship with the acceptance letter from a UK University.
Scholarship Application Deadline: May 12, 2017 (52 Days Remaining).
APPLY NOW or VISIT OFFICIAL LINK