Tuesday 25 September 2018

"What is objectivity and strong objective mind," writes Paul Paraka

by PAUL PARAKA

FOR us lawyers we have been trained and dutifully practice (in our hearts) in maintaining an open and objective mind when dealing with clients and must never rush to judgement without knowing the facts (and applying the law to the facts).

 That's why courts and judges are solidly trained to "decide" on the facts (derived from the evidence). It's never the courts business to be swayed and influenced by mere "allegations".

The judgement of the public in PNG has been unfairly and unlawfully influenced by members of the sweep team who used all forms of media to run a politically motivated smear campaign in the last 5 years to destroy my reputation and legal business.

They based their actions on a set of false and unsubstantiated "allegations" that could not be proven with any hard evidence at all in court. It was quite painful 5-years but I had to endure the hurt and stress to have my day in court which is the only institution that can look at and deal with the issues objectively and independently.

After the dust had settled end of last year, I commenced my long anticipated Court actions by way of judicial review in March 2018; central to the case was a challenge to the constitutionality of the sweep team and improper and unlawful exercise of powers and denial of natural justice.

I have raised a total of 100 grounds based on nearly most of the well known and conventional judicial review grounds.The case was fully argued (on the leave aspect) on the 18th June 2018 and the reserved decision will given tomorrow at 9.30am by the National Court at Waigani.

If the case is decided in my favour (which I'm confident) I'll use this occasion to speak to the PNG public for the first time; my enemies used their 5 years to abuse state powers and institutions and play politics of destruction; it will be my turn to assert the rule of law and have myself completely cleared and pursue my enemies and all of them who colluded and connived to destroy me in a well castrated conspiracy to face the full force of the law; these kinds of "mad" people may abuse and misuse Powers when they are in office but their footprints will catch-up on them when they are tracked and trapped by the might of the RULE OF LAW!

Fellows I haven't spoken in the last 5 years for obvious reasons but I'll speak out to the PNG public commencing tomorrow soon after the court decision so that you all will know the truth from me for the first time!

You all are welcome to join me as friends in my personal Facebook account; any colleague is free to call or text me on 72368068 or email me on paul.paraka@gmail.com

Thank You all.


No comments:

Post a Comment