Wednesday 8 August 2018

Port Moresby Governor Powes Parkop take lead in healthy lifestyle awareness

"DO IT FOR YOURSELF" - by Powes Parkop.

I walk every Sunday and do yoga every day because I want to be healthy, fit and well and have a balance in my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual being. 


I work hard and do all I can for our City because I want to live in a good, clean, healthy and peaceful environment and live a quality and dignified life. And to leave a better legacy for the future. I am doing it for myself first and foremost! I be the change I want my City to be!

Today I called on all the participants of the Active City Development Program to do it for themselves and their own good. When we walk, do yoga, do acrobatic, kick boxing, dancing and other such physical movements we are doing this for our own health, fitness and wellness and for our own safety and well being first and foremost. 


When we clean the streets and communities of Port Moresby we are cleaning the streets and communities because we want to live in a clean, peaceful environment free of litter, free of betel nut spittle, free of graffiti, free of crime and violence! 

When we do it for ourselves it will be successful and sustainable! If we do it to please others or for reward or recognition, it won’t be successful and sustainable! When we do it for ourselves and are successful, our families, communities, district, province and country will also be successful and be greater than it is today!

Let’s do it for our own self Port Moresby. Make it cleaner, safer and peaceful for our own self! It will be a greater and an Amazing City when we do it for our own self. The City we want will come because each of us want it and working hard to have it!

Thank you everyone for a great walk this morning. 

Thank you Kale for your constant companion. You will be a champion tomorrow for yourself and our country! And thank you Minister John Kaupa for joining us this morning.



















No comments:

Post a Comment