A list of all failed projects (ghost, scams, schemes, COIs) in Papua New Guinea
by LUCAS KIAP - PNG Anti-corruption Movement Forum (Facebook group)
The government of Papua New Guinea has a long history of excessively funding failed projects (ghost, scams, schemes), in which billions of kina have been reportedly diverted, squandered and stolen without any investigation and prosecution of those who involved.
Let's list under this list all failed projects by all past governments and current:
1. National Identity Database (K200 million)
2. Central City (K50 million)
5. Madang Marine Industrial Park
6. Boarder Development Authority
7. Solomon Islands High Commission building
8. Konedobu Petroleum Park
9. Public service housing scheme
10. Okuk Highway (biggest scam)
11. Sovereign wealth fund
12. Community ICT Project - now Somare scandal in the Singapore High Court.
13. National Provident Fund (now a saga)
14. Mineral Resources Stabilization Funds (MRSF)
15. Task Force Sweep
16. Paraka gate Saga
17. Sir Hubert Murray Stadium
18. Sir John Guise Stadium
19. The NCD Kokobarah Flying over bridge from 7 mile to Parliament
20. 9 Mile to Laloki bridge road rehabilitation project 2013
21. K900 million Sepik and Highlands via Wabag
22. K10 million Angoram hospital
23. Proposed Gun Law
24. DSIP and PSIP (MPs pocket money)
25. Aitape Wharf Rehabilitation 2010
26. 4 Mile 7 Star Casino Project
27. The Independent Coalition Against Corruption (ICAC) Bill
28. Duran farm housing scheme
29. Sepik Agriculture project
30. Lae City Commission
31. COI - Finance Department
32. Tabubil to Telefomin Road 2013
33. Oksapmin High School Project
34. The Sepik Highway Project
35. The K100m Wewak Stormwater Drainage Project
36. The K100m/year NADP (biggest scams)
37. Disaster relief fund. Eg. In 2013, National Government committed K1.5 to Wapenamanda District.
38. Rebuilding of Mendi air port to Oloma in lower Mendi K10 million never eventuate
39. Various Commission of Inquiries (COI) into various corruption scandals which are all incomplete.
40. Western Pacific University - Ialibu
41. Mt. Giluwe Fresh Water Project (Fresh Water from Mt. Giluwe in pipeline to Queensland, Australia)
42. Mt. Hagen as Agricultural City
43. PNG Power Generator from Israel - LR Group
44. Mt. Hagen City Authority
***correct me or add on this list***
Most of the MPs who have been involved in failed projects have been recycling over the years and currently still serving. Some public servants who have been involved in failed projects are still holding key government positions.
As long as we keep recycling the same politicians and same public servants, this country will never prosper economically because they are addicted to greed. They will continue to divert and steal public funds under the disguise of project funding. That's how they have been robbing this resource rich country.
As long as we keep ignoring, they will continue robbing this country more billions while hiding behind the fake name of Hon. Member.
PNG is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. The country is not corrupt. We have corrupt politicians running this country.
Ironically, we have been electing the same recycled politicians who have been failing this country by enriching themselves.
We don't have to repeat the same mistakes that got us nowhere but stuck here as one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Our future and country is important than the recycled politicians.
In 2017, we must change the course of the country by voting out all recycled politicians.
Every government is corrupt. But the degree of corruption is defined by the ignorance of the citizens. The more ignorant the people are, the more corrupt the government becomes.
PNG is one of the most corrupt countries in the world because we have corrupt politicians robbing this rich country for wealth accumulation. These corrupt politicians have been recycled and they are continuously robbing this rich country.
So the question is how does God chooses PNG's corruption politicans?
During the opening of the Kumul Flyover at Erima, Prime Minister Peter O'Neill told the crowd that K8billion in trust funds have been missing between 2009 and 2011. In one of the other events, Prime Minister Peter O'Neill said that billions of kina have been reportedly stolen over the last 40 years.
Can someone tell us who are the criminals responsible for stealing K8billion under the close watch of our elected leaders?
PNG is not being robbed by criminals but by greedy, selfish, stupid, and visionless corrupt politicians.
PNG is one of the most corrupt countries in the world because of our corrupt politicians who have been robbing this rich country to enrich themselves. PNG is one of the least liveable countries in the world because of our corrupt politicians who can't make this country safe and affordable place but busy enriching themselves. PNG is one of the most dangerous countries in the world because of our corrupt politicians who have no vision to make PNG safe. PNG is one of the most expensive countries in the world because of our corrupt politicians who have no vision to make this country less expensive. PNG is one of the highly taxed countries in the world because of our corrupt politicians who have no idea about attracting investors and tourists invest and visit this country.
We have been recycling the same recycled politicians who have been robbing this rich country to Parliament over the last 40 years. And they have been continuesly robbing this rich country and enriching themselves.
Let's make 2017 the year of revolution. Let's make 2017 the year in which PNG changed the course of its history. Let's forge our own destiny in 2017.
Vote out all recycled politicians in 2017. They have been robbing this rich country for the last 40 years. We are poor because of them. They have nothing new to offer but more greed and suffering. They are addicted to greed from the beginning. They won't stop unless we stop them. We will be insane to vote for thieves who have been robbing our country and its future.
GOD WILL SAVE OUR NATION IF AND ONLY IF WE PLAY OUR PART GOD WILL DO HIS.